Mission and vision
Jazz North’s mission is to increase the profile of contemporary jazz artists in the North.
Our vision is that the North is recognised nationally and internationally as a place for jazz artists to reside and develop their practice.
Jazz North’s values are:
- That artists and their creative practice are at the heart of every project that we support and that our partners share our vision of encouraging a deep engagement with a developing audience base
- That artists and their work will be presented to appreciative listening audiences in sympathetic environments which sustain their long term careers
The mission will be achieved by concentrating on three core areas:
- Building, maintaining and developing excellent partnerships
- Producing high quality, sustainable programmes in diverse settings
- Extending the development of artists and promoters