Jazz North Introduces 2016
A high profile performance opportunity at 5 or more leading northern jazz festivals
Artephis have performed at 7 northern jazz festivals.
Young northern jazz artists under 25 are now being invited to apply to Jazz North Introduces. Jazz North Introduces provides young artists with their first high-profile showcase performances plus mentoring with leading UK jazz artists.
Benefits for selected artists
- a high profile performance opportunity at 5 or more leading northern jazz festivals
- the gigs will be paid and expenses will be covered
- photo shoot for the band
- video showreel for the band
- help with producing EPK (Electronic Press Kit)
- mentoring from leading UK jazz artists
If you apply, your music will be listened to by jazz festival promoters from across the region.
Gateshead International Jazz Festival
Hull Jazz Festival
Lancaster Jazz Festival
Liverpool International Jazz Festival
Manchester Jazz Festival (mjf)
Marsden Jazz Festival
Scarborough Jazz Festival
Southport Melodic Jazz
- maximum band size is 5 musicians
- senior band (19-25) 75% of musicians and the nominated leader will be under 25 years of age.
- junior band (16-19) 100% of musicians and the nominated leader will be 19 or under
- musicians can be in full time education
- 75% of band members in any group must be currently living or studying in the north of England (please see the geographical definition below)
- in making our selection of successful applicants, we will prioritise musical excellence, in terms of musicianship, creativity, innovation and potential.
- there are no stylistic barriers
- the band must be ready to gig by July 2016 and you must be able to provide a recording of your band (including all members)
- you must demonstrate readiness to commit time and attention to the scheme’s activities (listed above)
- the successful bands will be required to complete a simple evaluation exercise with project coordinator
Deadline for applications
Friday 24th June 2016 (date extended)
APPLY: Online application form
See Criteria and Guidelines on page 2 Jazz North Introduces criteria and guidelines
Download the application guidelines document:Jazz North Introduces 2016 (PDF).
Under 19 Award
There will also be a special award for one band in the under 19 category. This will be one days mentoring with a leading UK jazz artist and a performance at a Northern jazz venue.