Jazz North is running an education networking seminar in Leeds on Tuesday 11 March 2014 at Leeds College of Music. This seminar is recommended for anyone involved in jazz education in the North of England and who wants to know more about different models of jazz education for children and young people and learn more about Music Education Hubs and working in collective partnerships. This is also an opportunity to learn about Jazz North’s new jazz delivery model based on collective partnerships.
Who should attend: MEH leaders, MEH board members, delivery organisation leaders, jazz educators.
Jazz North education networking seminar
Tuesday 11th March 12pm – 3pm
Leeds College of Music
3 Quarry Hill Leeds, West Yorkshire LS2 7PD
- Euan Stevenson, Fife Youth Orchestra, National Youth Jazz Orchestra of Scotland – “jazz pathways via youth jazz orchestras” http://fyjo.co.uk
- Richard Ormrod, musician/educator – “The community jazz model – encouraging everyone to participate” – www.dalesjam.org.uk
- Colette Dutot, Sheffield Music Service and Sheffield Music Hub – “Delivering jazz projects within a music hub” https://www.sheffield.gov.uk/education/information-for-parentscarers/at-school/music/hub.html
- Mark Ellis / Beci Jamieson, DARTS (Doncaster Community Arts) – “Ear we go” improvising project for Key Stage 2 children http://www.thepoint.org.uk
- Jilly Jarman, BlueJam Arts, Cumbria “The challenges of delivering jazz projects in rural areas” http://bluejamarts.org/info-section/jazz.php
- Plus – updates current Jazz North partnership projects ‘Jazz in Schools’, Esk Valley, North Yorkshire (Live Music Now, NYMAZ and North Yorkshire Music Hub) and the Manchester Youth Jazz Collective (One Education, Brighter Sounds, Band on the Wall and Northern School of Jazz).
Read the report from Jazz North’s education seminar LIJEC 2013 https://www.jazznorth.org/jazz-north-session-at-lijec/
To reserve a place please contact Kim Macari via the Contact form.