Jazz North is a consortium of delivery organisations. We will build a new northern jazz delivery model based on collective partnerships.We will be looking to build partnerships that will enable us to deliver projects in the following areas from October 2012 – March 2015 : Artist development Networks and sector development Audience development Children and […]
Jazz North is a consortium of delivery organisations. We will build a new northern jazz delivery model based on collective partnerships.We will be looking to build partnerships that will enable us to deliver projects in the following areas from October 2012 – March 2015 :
- Artist development
- Networks and sector development
- Audience development
- Children and young people
Delivery partners 2012-13
- Gateshead International Jazz Festival
partnership to showcase northern artists (6/7 April 2013)
- northern line northern promoters and northern line artists
partnership with scheme set up by SACEM (the French PRS), Afijma (the French jazz festival organisation) and UK venues and promoters.
Networks and sector
- Norvol Jazz
partnership to develop a network of Northern jazz promoters.
- Leeds International Jazz Education Conference 2013 / Leeds College of Music partnership to offer networking event for Music Education Hub leaders and jazz educators at LIJEC 2103
Children and Young People
- Live Music Now, NYMAZ, North Yorkshire Music Hub
jazz in schools outreach project in 3 primary schools in North Yorkshire.
- The Great North Big Band Jazz Festival
partnership project to enable award winning composer James Hamilton to work with young musicians as part of GNBBF 2013 (January – March 2013)
- Brass:Durham International Festival
partnership project to enable a Durham youth brass band to work with the New York Brass Band
Becoming a Jazz North Partner
If your organisation would like to be kept in touch with our activity and would like to know about how to join Jazz North partner please register your interest via the contact form and we will be in touch.