Board Director opportunities with Jazz North
We are looking for exceptional people with the profile, reputation and skills necessary to act as a powerful ambassador for Jazz North in any forum. A belief in the value of music and its creative community is essential; enthusiasm for jazz is desirable, though not essential. As a Board member you will have excellent communication […]
We are looking for exceptional people with the profile, reputation and skills necessary to act as a powerful ambassador for Jazz North in any forum. A belief in the value of music and its creative community is essential; enthusiasm for jazz is desirable, though not essential.
As a Board member you will have excellent communication skills and be eager to bring your expertise to work with our small executive and staff team in order to demonstrate strong leadership within a committed and active board.
This is a volunteer role; board members are not remunerated and are expected to commit to the time equivalent of about 5 days per year and, when necessary, to meet in evenings and at weekends, including occasional attendance at Jazz North events. Travel expenses can be paid.
The Board meets at least 4 times a year. In addition, Trustees contribute to sub-committees which meet by phone/Skype at intervals throughout the year.
As a Jazz North board member you will:
- Get involved in a highly creative and friendly environment
- Contribute to the development of an organisation which plays a key role in the support and development the north’s jazz community and talent
- Be part of an inspirational musical organisation delivering projects of the highest quality.
Jazz North is currently in receipt of ACE Strategic Funding of £190,000 pa, which runs until March 2015.
The Board of Directors is pivotal to the development of Jazz North as the organisation works towards securing charitable status and bidding to become an Arts Council England National Portfolio Organisation (NPO) in April 2015. We are looking for talented individuals to join our Board to help us steer the organisation towards these and other objectives. Having undertaken a skills audit, we are particularly interested in hearing from individuals with energy, enthusiasm and professional expertise in one or more of the following areas:
- Arts management/production
- Strategic and business planning
- Jazz practitioner with broad experience
- Fundraising (public and private sector)
- Music education/outreach
- Governance/trusteeship of other organisations
- Digital technologies
We are also keen to encourage applicants from a range of age groups, cultures and backgrounds in order to add to the diversity of the Board.
If you would like to receive further information about Jazz North and the director role please use the form below to request an information pack.
How to apply
Application is by submitting one document (one page letter and one page CV) attached via contact form below.
- The deadline for receipt of applications is: Monday 12th August by 12 noon
- Interviews will take place in Leeds on Friday 30 August 2013 (change of date).
- Future diary date: Board Away Day Friday 20th September 2013
Jazz North is an equal opportunities employer.
Powered by Fast Secure Contact Form