Jazz North: further board director opportunities
Further to successfully recruiting a team of new board members we have positions available for individuals with energy, enthusiasm and professional expertise in one or more of the following areas:
- Jazz practitioner with broad experience *see note below
- Fundraising (public and private sector)
- Music education
- Digital technologies
Any musician joining the board would not be able to benefit from any Jazz North scheme or project. This position might suit an established artist or one with Northern connections but who lives outside of the area.
As a Board member you will have excellent communication skills and be eager to bring your expertise to work with our small executive and staff team in order to demonstrate strong leadership within a committed and active board.
This is a volunteer role; board members are not remunerated and are expected to commit to the time equivalent of about 5 days per year, including 4 board meetings a year plus occasional attendance at Jazz North events. Travel expenses can be paid. In addition, board members contribute to sub-committees which meet by phone/Skype at intervals throughout the year.
As a Jazz North board member you will:
- Get involved in a highly creative and friendly environment
- Contribute to the development of an organisation which plays a key role in the support and development the north’s jazz community and talent
- Be part of an inspirational musical organisation delivering projects of the highest quality.
Jazz North is currently in receipt of ACE Strategic Funding of £190,000 pa, which runs until March 2015.
The Board of Directors is pivotal to the development of Jazz North as the organisation works towards securing charitable status and bidding to become an Arts Council England National Portfolio Organisation (NPO) in April 2015. We are looking for talented individuals to join our Board to help us steer the organisation towards these and other objectives. We are also keen to encourage applicants from a range of age groups, cultures and backgrounds in order to add to the diversity of the Board.
If you would like to receive further information about Jazz North and the director role please use the form below to request an information pack.
How to apply
Application is by one document (one page letter outlining why you think you are suitable for the role and a one page CV) attached via website contact form.
- The deadline for receipt of applications is: Monday 7th October by 12 noon
- Interviews will take place in Leeds on Friday 11 October 2013
- Future board meeting date: Leeds, Friday 29th November 2pm – 6pm
Jazz North is an equal opportunities employer.
This call has now closed.