Get More Gigs!
Jazz North is to run two days of free professional development training for jazz musicians across the North of England, featuring expert speakers in areas including marketing and PR, booking gigs, applying for funding and musician-led Collectives.
The events, which will take place at The Bridge in Newcastle on Sunday April 14th and at Sela Bar in Leeds on Monday April 15th, will run between 3pm and 7pm and include talks by the speakers, Q+A sessions, networking opportunities and a chance for one-to-one slots with speakers.
Speakers include –
- Jazz Media & Marketing – Sebastian Scotney (LondonJazz Editor and jazz journalist)* Sandra Marcy (Manager and PR expert)
- What Venues/Promoters Want – Clare Turner (promoter at Matt and Phreds)
- The World of Arts Funding – Steve Mead (Jazz North/Manchester Jazz Festival)
- Jazz North Initiatives – Nigel Slee (Jazz North/ Jazz Yorkshire)
- Collectives & Musician Networks – Barak Schmool (F-IRE collective founder and musician)
* Leeds only
The events are aimed at professional musicians with at least one year of gig experience.
The events are FREE to attend, but spaces are limited so participants must sign-up in advance at
Reserve your place