Theme: Pathways into jazz and improvisation for children and young people
- 12pm – 3pm
- Tuesday 11th March
- Leeds College of Music
- 3 Quarry Hill Leeds, West Yorkshire LS2 7PD
This is an opportunity to find out what Jazz North can offer Music Education Hubs and the jazz education sector and hear case studies from hubs and delivery organisations and discuss how we might work together to mutual benefit.
See the report from last year’s event at LIJEC 2013 http://www.jazznorth.org/jazz-north-session-at-lijec/
Who should attend:
MEH leaders, MEH board members, delivery organisation leaders, jazz educators.
- improvisation in Key Stage 2 and 3 Schools as part of core role to support musical progression
- pathways for young musicians to reach jazz conservatoires
- jazz and improvisation for youth orchestras
- building a new jazz delivery model based on collective partnerships
- CPD for teachers
Full list of presentations and live musical examples to be confirmed shortly but please get in touch to reserve your place.
£75 day ticket but a number of 100% bursaries are available from Jazz North for MEH leaders, MEH board members, delivery organisation leaders, jazz educators based in the Northern region. Jazz North guests will also be able to attend LIJEC as a day delegate which includes a key note presentation at 3:30pm by Gwilym Simcock.
To reserve a place get in touch via form below