Pic: 2016 € 4,000 1st prize winner Nicole Johanntgen (CHE)
The 7 Virtual Jazz Club continues to search for new and underexposed jazz talent from the four corners of the world. A grand prize of €4,000 will be awarded to the winner.
The 7 Virtual Jazz Club continues its worldwide search for emerging and underrecognized creative musicians from all ages and backgrounds.The winner will receive € 4,000, while another € 2,000 will go to the best new talent (the “Best new talent” is a musician—soloistor band member—who is considered the best musician by the jury, even if he or she doesn’t reach the finals) and the musicians who tally the most popular votes by the web community will receive € 1,000.To enter the contest, soloists and groups pay a small registration fee and submit a video (maximum seven minutes) of their performance.
Entries will be judged by a panel of international jazz experts (meetthe experts) comprised of some of the most respected journalists,musicians and educators in the field. International judging panel – 2017 Edition.
- Clarence Chang (Ceo of Jazz World – Producer)
- China Eddy Determeyer (journalist and broadcaster) – Netherlands
- Marcela Breton (journalist, member of the Jazz Journalist Association)- Colombia
- Nick Davies (journalist for All About Jazz – Radio speaker) – UK
- Hryar Attarian (journalist for All About Jazz) – USA Fernando
- R. de Mondesert (art director “Jazz En Domenicana, memberof the Jazz Journalist Association) – Antilles
- José Deluna (teacher and musician) – Spain
- Dubi Lenz (journalist, broadcaster, art director “The Red Sea JazzFestival”) – Israel
- Dmitry Baevsky (musician and teacher) – Russia
- Arnaldo DeSouterio (journalist, Producer, member of Los Angeles JazzSociety) – Brazil
- Ares Tavolazzi (musician and teacher) – Italy
- Aurélien Pitavy (Art director of Charlie Free – Le Moulin à Jazz) -France
- Debbie Mari (musician and teacher at the UKZN
- Greg Stott (musician and teacher at the Australian NationalUniversity) – Australia
- Jeri Brown (musician and teacher at the Concordia University Montreal) – Canada
– School of Music JazzStudies) – South Africa
The 2nd edition of 7 Virtual Jazz Club Competition is dedicated to thememory of Ella Fitzgerald.
Entries accepted from September 15th, 2017 to November 5th, 2017
Prizes and winners of the 1st edition of the 2016 contest
1st prize: € 4,000 to Nicole Johanntgen (CHE)
2nd prize: € 2,000 to The Jazz Fingers (ESP)
3rd prize: € 1,000 to Miguel Andrés Tejada (DOM)
About the 7 Virtual Jazz Club
The 7 Virtual Jazz Club is a non-profit all volunteer association dedicated to support jazz music in all its forms. The 7 Virtual Jazz Club website hosts the first fully global online jazz competition inhistory. The contest welcomes musicians of all ages. Musicians may beamateurs or professionals. Our aim is to unearth hidden musical talentfocusing on the new trends that have emerged in jazz.